Business Analyst - Regulatory and Compliance - F&R
T his role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Thomson Reuters / Beta Systems is looking to fill a Business Analyst position within the Beta Host development team, with a focus on brokerage Regulatory and Compliance. The Business Analyst will be involved in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle. This individual will be responsible for business requirements gathering, functional design, test plans, test scripts, functional testing, providing support of user acceptance testing and project implementation. This position will serve as the liaison between our development staff and client firms. The role will interact with all levels of the organization to ensure timely completion with the highest degree of quality of industry, regulatory and client initiatives.
- Gather user requirements from external \ internal clients via User Requirements Documentation and\or end-user interviews
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to colleagues and team members
- Participates in project estimation process
- Build relationships with various external and internal stakeholders.
- Along with stakeholders and technical development staff create functional design documents based upon user requirements.
- Develop a strong test plan to ensure project quality
- Develop test scripts for functional testing, ensuring that all identified requirements have been thoroughly tested
- Execute test scripts. Document and manage all test results
- Provide on-going project support for regression and system testing
- Liaison between development staff and user community
- Properly document all defects
- Report project status to stakeholders as well as Project Management or Senior Executives
- Provide support, answer user questions during User Acceptance Testing
- Develop a professional rapport with the project stakeholders and maintain an excellent level of client satisfaction
- Effectively research product questions within an area of expertise
- Develop Implementation Plans and validate the successful implementation of projects
- BS/BA, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Finance, Business, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- Experience in the brokerage or financial sector, with a working knowledge of the following Regulatory and Compliance areas: OATS, ORF, TRF, TRACE, MSRB, INSITE Reporting, Sec 10b-10 (Confirmations), Electronic Blue Sheets, Short Interest, Bond Calculations
- Experience working with trading venues (e.g. Tradeweb, NASDAQ)
- Prior experience in a Business Analyst role
- Ability to understand and communicate simple to somewhat involved technical concepts
- Must have excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong team player with an entrepreneurial, collaborative spirit
- Strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle(s)
- Experience in or understanding of Agile practices is a plus
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, & communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience building successful client and internal team relationships
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top