Business Analyst, Platform Services, F&R
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are seeking a Business Analyst with a strong technical discipline to join our Platform Services product team. This team is focused on driving the strategy and execution of Identity & Access Management, Usage Analytics, Entitlements and other core services across the Thomson Reuters Open Platform. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization acting as a subject matter expert on systems and processes and bridging the gap between business and technology. The ideal candidate will leverage their extensive systems, project management and process knowledge to be able to facilitate technical projects across multiple groups surrounded by professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment.
- Gather business requirements, perform detailed analysis, and produce associated functional/technical specs to ensure successful execution of projects
- Work with internal and external technology partners to ensure functional and design efforts meet end user needs, quality standards and resource commitments
- Structure and breakdown complex or large business demands into smaller well-defined features that can be analyzed, implemented and tested by delivery teams
- Influence and drive change with cross functional teams and across matrix to ensure comprehensive project coverage; manage risks, prioritize effectively, and work to resolve issues timely
- Evaluate existing processes and optimize them in terms of efficiency and risk mitigation
- passionate about supporting the development of quality IT systems and applications
- a fast learner and always curious about learning new things
- able to synthesize voluminous information and work through ambiguity
- good at transforming knowledge and requirements into easily comprehensible documentation
- technically savvy with working knowledge of common API technologies, Python and security standards
- adaptable, able to work across teams, regions and functions
- experience working with Identity & Access Management, Business Intelligence Entitlement platforms is preferred
- a bachelor's degree in computer science, business management or related field
- minimum of 3 years' experience as a business analyst, engineer or technical product manager
- Waterfall and Agile project experience translating customer needs into business requirements
- experience using agile tools such as JIRA, Portfolio, Confluence
- exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top