We are looking to add a Business Analyst to our BETA Host development team within our North American Wealth Management division. As a Business Analyst, you will be working across multiple groups within the company, as well as with external clients. This person will be a major contributor to improving the processes that we support, and enhancements for new industry initiatives, and client initiatives. As a Business Analyst, you would be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, from definition to implementation.
Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering and documenting user requirements
- Creating functional approach and functional specification documents
- Creating test scripts and performing functional testing
- Providing assistance and support of client user acceptance testing and support in documentation of product enhancements
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 years of Business Analyst experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate project progress across teams and to senior management
- Good organization skills and the ability to work within a structured project plan and complete tasks on time
- Solid analytical skills and ability to ask probing questions
- Able to coordinate an overall QA effort and possess a broad knowledge of all the necessary tools and planning that is available at Thomson Reuters
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), as well as exposure to Project Web Access
- Exposure to HP – QC (Quality Center)
Highly Desired Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 - 3 years of experience dealing with the financial industry or brokerage industry
- Thomson Reuters BETA Systems experience is a definite plus
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top