The Infrastructure & Operations team is responsible for synthesizing business requirements, identifying gaps in the current solutions and designing a set of common business processes. This team recommends both system and process solutions to resolve gaps and drives the implementation of these solutions. The implementation team consists of global process owners, technical support teams, Accounting and Finance teams as needed.
This position will be focused on supporting the implementation of improvements related to Finance and Accounting systems and processes as well as providing ongoing support to those systems and processes.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform activities related to defining and documenting global financial processes.
- Outline the current state of a process, if already existing, and the requirements of the process stakeholders. Consider the end-to-end process and other groups that may be impacted by any proposed change, both up and downstream.
- Explore alternative solutions involving both process and system.
- Work together with process owners to propose a new process or process improvements, while considering the magnitude of impacts to the current process, data, systems, reporting, and the organization.
- Assist with an analysis of the cost and benefits of the proposal.
- Assist in implementation of new process or system solutions by teaming with the testing teams to ensure solutions are working as designed and the communications and training organizations to ensure that the appropriate knowledge transfer has taken place.
- Provide ongoing analysis and support for key financial processes. Team with global process owners to evaluate, monitor, and improve day-to-day processes.
- Assist in resolving process and system issues raised as support tickets, offering solutions and troubleshooting support including the evaluation and research of SAP options.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- BA degree required - in Accounting, Finance, or Business field preferred
- 2 years of related experience
- Some experience in process documentation or process improvements a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of financial processes including general ledger closing
- Proficiency in PC computer applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; SAP preferred
- Strong system skills with proven ability to learn new applications and previous experience using SAP, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Capacity to lead multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Highly responsive and committed to results with a strong customer-orientation
- Strong collaboration skills and effective in a team environment
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative and investigative skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top