Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
To act as a conduit from the IT team to the rest of the business, to identify business needs, and to coordinate and manage change across the whole business.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- To develop a sound knowledge of the business and the effect of the requested changes
- To liaise with business managers and employees to understand and document business requirements across affected business areas
- Contribute to and support research, requirement gathering and validation activities directly with customers, including usability and acceptance testing
- To understand, document and prioritise business requirements across affected business areas
- To work with business owners to develop optimal solutions
- To develop complete and accurate business models including process, data and organisation
- Work with project manager/s to plan analysis work and highlight risks and issues
- Work with the business owners to define acceptance criteria
- Assist in developing best practice in the execution of requirements, design and usability
- Create project initiation documents defining high-level scope.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
Technical skills (How TO do things):
- Demonstrable experience of being a Business Analyst Use of modelling tools, requirements management software, wire-framing tools and basic photoshop-type skills
- Experience of operation with Agile / DSDM project methodology Basic MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Interpersonal skills (How WE do things):
- Able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders up to senior management level
- Ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology
- Good written and oral communications skills able to converse with all levels of the organisation
- Able to work with project management team to achieve positive results Good presentation skills
Personal skills (How I do things):
- Able to work with little direct supervision
- Able to work effectively in a team environment where team members may not be co-located
- Self motivated and pro-active
- Good analytical and process improvement / business transformation skills
- Able to identify and manage business risks and issues
- Understands expectations that were set with business and recognises when issues / events may affect delivery.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Legal qualification or demonstrable knowledge of the Legal market
- Detailed knowledge of online services and content centres.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Graduate calibre.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top