The Business Analyst, with guidance from the Product Manager and in collaboration with the PMO, acts as a client facing resource assisting with all aspects of the C-Track implementation methodology including:
- Consolidation and translation of a diverse set of business requirements to Functional Design Documents in preparation for software development while meeting all of the intended needs of the business.
- Facilitation of business process discovery and documentation of to-be workflow processes.
- C-Track system configuration.
- Legacy system field mapping for data conversion.
- Creation of end user documentation.
- Facilitation of user acceptance.
- End user training.
Responsibilities: The following duties are typical duties required for this position. This list is not to be construed as all inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Develop functional design documents including:
- Prepare HTML mockups of proposed screens.
- Develop Functional Specifications according to standard templates.
- Map business requirements to Functional Specifications ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Define business rules and logic.
- Develop acceptance criteria.
- Perform requirements gathering and business analysis through techniques such as:
- Data gathering.
- Reviewing current system documentation.
- Business process modeling.
- Assisting or conducting Joint Application Design sessions.
- Evaluate requirements and populate configuration spreadsheets.
- Key analytical troubleshooting.
- Serves, along with the Product Management, as a conduit between the operations community (internal customers) and the software development team.
- Complete tasks with input from Product Manager and PMO. Work is project-oriented and day to day tasks must be defined by employee.
- Coordinate with the groups who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Organize and analyze source materials such as design and test specifications, design documents, and other scoping material.
- Provide constructive feedback to the team suggesting actions to improve product and team performance.
- Understand corporate goals and practices and apply them when resolving a variety of problems.
- Make a commitment to ensure that customer needs are met by taking personal responsibility for service and quality.
- Follow up to monitor satisfaction and respond to additional requests or problems quickly.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required. 4-5 years of experience in requirements gathering and preparation of Functional Specifications or other technical documentation.
- Must have strong experience with UI mock up software packages such as: MS Office, Visio, Photoshop and /or Illustrator, Adobe, Acrobat, and HTML and UX standards.
- Proven experience with the full software development lifecycle from planning to implementation and maintenance.
- Must possess the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in relation to technical documentation.
- Must be highly organized and computer literate with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be quality focused and deadline oriented.
- Must possess ability to understand and articulate technical requirements and processes and translate that information into technical documentation.
- Must be responsible and motivated with the ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment.
- Experience with or understanding of judicial/court process a plus.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts and to facilitate consensus.
- Travel may be required (20-40%)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top