Job Title: Business Analyst
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Knowledge Solutions team in Carrollton, TX. In this role, the candidate will work with (collaborate with) a small team of business analysts in eliciting and documenting requirements for web-based and desktop products. You will be collaborating with business users, technology teams, and leadership in an Agile, customer-centric environment. This includes analyzing, defining and communicating the business requirements, and translating those requirements into Epics and User Stories.
- Partnering with Product Owners and other stakeholders to translate business requirements as Epics and User Stories that are complete and easy to understand, foster innovation and represent the value to the customer
- Defining Acceptance Criteria for User Stories, and developing and executing User Acceptance Tests to validate that the software meets the Acceptance Criteria
- Planning, estimating, and scheduling the business analysis tasks.
Collaborating with scrum teams and stakeholders to establish consistent standards and effective Agile practices.
- Responsive, fast paced decision making skills with the ability to drive business results
- Assisting sales, customer service, and technical support by providing informal training, and as a resource to answer support questions
- Incorporating customer feedback into User Stories and design
- Keeping the backlog groomed
- Foster Agile principles and methods for requirements gathering
- Further knowledge of BA standards, methods, tools, and techniques
- Ensuring the deliverables are of the desired content, suitability, usability, and quality
- Facilitate requirements gathering, user story workshops, and design discussions
- Builds and manages stakeholder relationships with the ability to keep stakeholders engaged, responsible, and proactive in working toward deliverable goals and objectives
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a business analyst in an Agile environment, and demonstrated passion for Lean and Agile development principles
- Understanding of Agile Development approaches, including Test Driven Development concepts, iterative development, and Lean principles (may be the same as your update above)
- Works independently within defined parameters, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
- Fast learned with the ability to work with technical and non-technical customers and other stakeholders to generate clear, concise product requirements and stories
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Solid analysis and problem solving skills
- Understands principles of usability and helps ensure products are fit for purpose
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Critical thinker; with exceptional ability to model business processes and identify and resolve gaps
- Understanding of business architecture framework (Structure, people, processes, and technology) that supports the organization's strategy
- Able to handle pressure and changes effectively
- Facilitating requirements gathering sessions with multiple stakeholders
- Working with stakeholders across business segments
- Experience working with globally, distributed teams
- Migrating an existing desktop product to web/mobile environments Web and/or mobile project experience
- Ensuring product design conforms to accessibility and other standards such as section 508
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when
ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top