Business Analysis Manager
- Drives the development and improvement of business processes within the technology and business organizations and understands client requirements, specifying and analyzing these to a sufficient level of detail to ensure clarity of definition.
- Leads complex projects and initiatives involving the elicitation, analysis, validation, and documentation of clients' business needs and requirements.
- Ensures and reviews formal specifications and communicates business requirements between development and client to design and implement business solutions fully understanding design specification and documentation standards and most importantly available resourcing.
- Looks for and facilitates process improvement and system integration opportunities across the businesses, and works closely with managers on implementation.
- Reviews, elicits, and writes formal specifications and communicates business requirements between development and client to design and implement business solutions.
- Develops innovative new concepts, services, and products within the technology and business organizations and understands client requirements, specifying and analyzing these to an expert level of detail to ensure clarity of definition.
- Leverages important customer's relationships to create broad acceptance of ideas/initiatives; may include collaborating with Professional Services & outsourcing functions.
- Develops expert understanding of multiple Thomson Reuter's technologies, products, and services.
- Along with the regional managers, develops relationships with clients through proactive methods in order to provide quality, innovative business solutions.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Manages the coordination of the activities of the Business Analysis team with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing
- Responsible for coordinating work of development teams, business clients and others and accountable for the work delivered
- Uses skills and knowledge of employees and understanding of team dynamic to maximize team effectiveness and evolves development process for greater quality efficiency
- Works on or may lead projects of medium to large scope and moderate to high complexity projects; or may work as the highest technical expert for one or more large, highly complex projects.
- May be involved in defining and managing requirements for implementation by remote or third party teams.
- Fully responsible for quality of own work, and some accountability for more junior members of the team. Coaches/mentors and may review the work of more junior colleagues.
- Accountable for compliance with agreed policies, standards and procedures.
May act independently to determine methods & procedures on new or special assignments.
- Responsible for management of own time, and coaching/mentoring more junior team members.
- Plans tasks necessary to lead to the production of adequate business and system functional requirements
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Ability to drive organizational culture and engage on Global initiatives to drive efficiency
- Understands the development organization and other specialized areas such as Product Management and Big Data
- Excellent communication skills including ability to influence and negotiate, with ability to influence and inspire at the department level; Ability to lead projects.
- Excellent to expert analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge in relevant financial software applications.
- Understands financial industry information and the future direction of the industry.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
- Act as an advisor to senior management in area of expertise.
Leads project teams.
- Frequent interaction with other colleagues and senior customer representatives, including Development leaders, Architects, Development staff, Third party Development Leads & Architects.
- May include external clients, Capability Managers and Business users.
- Regularly interacts with senior management.
- Regularly interacts with other departments, such as Product, Service and Sales
- Establishes relationships with (internal or external) clients by being proactive, displaying in-depth knowledge of business processes, and managing the development and implementation of business solutions.
- A minimum of 8 years of business system analysis experience in platform development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Financial Service Industry
- Systems analysis experience on Market Data platforms a plus.
- Intimately familiar with Software Development Life Cycle and Agile delivery.
- A minimum of 5 years of senior stakeholders management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top