Business Agility Coach (Dallas or Ann Arbor)
The Business Agility Coach consults with business leaders to improve the effectiveness of their operating models, processes and team interactions to achieve business impact . This position will serve as a change agent, and the subject matter expert on scaling Thomson Reuter's Ways of Working through agility practices, principles and frameworks. You will work by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to tackle organizational and cultural impediments. You will need to display behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. You will seek opportunities for continuous improvements and influence change at all organizational levels across TR.
- You will be responsible for consulting and advising senior leaders to improve their operating models, workflows, and team interaction points to help them operate more effectively
- You will analyze current state business operations for strengths and challenges; and provide recommendations to optimize future state.
- You will coach senior leaders to remove organizational constraints and understand benefits of applying agile principles across the entire organization.
- You will coach and mentor cross functional teams on driving an agile mindset and implementing practices in their day-to-day work. You will role model with your agile mindset and knowledge of practices that facilitate agility.
- You will support the squad leaders in creating/maintaining a prioritized backlog and decisions/trade-offs to be made.
- You will help to develop organization wide agile awareness as needed, by creating training materials, and content; translate industry standard methodologies into actionable recommendations; and will help refine the TR agile playbook
- You will develop and monitor metrics to track progress of Agile ways of working, adoption and maturity to aid in accelerating overall Agile transformation efforts.
- You are a Rockstar at promoting self-organization, team spirit and continuous improvement within the business.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Be a strong collaborator, great teammate, and individual contributor.
- Be a catalyst for change across the company.
- Strong focus on Business impact.
- Bring your strong analytical and quantitative skills to the table.
- Be savvy, adept and appropriate in a complex structure involving corporate level relationships, multi-division / business unit involvement and matrix reporting.
- Be results oriented with strong time management and organizational skills with a drive to succeed.
- Can think both strategically and tactically with strong emotional intelligence, excellent social skills and ability to act judiciously and compassionately.
- Be passionate and have a strong aptitude for developing people, by bringing a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job to influence those around you!
- Create a sense of trust and rapport that creates an appropriate & effective workplace.
- Entrepreneurial approach, innovative, passionate, self-starter. Persistence despite obstacles or setbacks, comfort with ambiguity.
- Flexibility in adjusting to new, different and changing business requirements and decisions
- Ability to challenge status quo
- Bachelor's Degree required, 2+ years of experience in any coaching role
- 8+ years Business domain and/or technical experience and/or process management
- Ability to understand business needs/ requirements
- Expertise in scrum, Kanban and other agile and lean delivery methodologies, feature prioritization, MVP definition, release management etc.will be a plus, but not required
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels within the company across all functions with a team-oriented style.
- Experience working successfully with virtual/global teams, effectively adapting to local operating models and culture.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top