AWS Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuter's Product Insight is an innovative solution architected in Amazon Web Services technology. Thomson Reuters products embed a library with utilities to format information about events in the products and send those events to be collected by the AWS solution. The event information is later merged with the user data in the AWS environment allowing for data analytics on product use helping product managers to understand use and set future capabilities. The Product Insight system has quickly been adopted by several Thomson Reuters products and is positioned to be adopted by some of the larger customer based products. Product Insight has the potential to truly transform product development for Thomson Reuters.
The Product Insight technology stack starts with Java data collection SDKs for multiple technology environments including any Java application, web browsers, IOS or Android application. The components of AWS components include EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, etc. Finally, Kibana is used to create dashboards using the analytics. Product Insight is a unique industry and leading implementation of these technologies.
We are currently seeking both Senior and Lead Engineers to implement the technology direction for our AWS product event collection platform. The roles are similar in focus, however, our Lead Engineer will lead discussions around technical solutions with leadership across the company and lead development efforts with our engineer teams.
- Analyse, design and implement complex software solutions using AWS, Java, encryption tools and multiple operation systems
- Use Agile for software development lifecycle.
- Provide direction to software engineers developing the product
- Work with peers in other Thomson Reuters locations.
- Analyze and select tools to be used in the solution
- Understand and recommend the system infrastructure required for Product Insight
- Build solid working relationships with internal users and architecture teams
- Lead and develop a strong base of technical skills in the various technologies used by Product Insight.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or similar program
- 4 years of experience using various programming languages, including Java
- 1 years of experience developing AWS enterprise applications
- 1 years of experience using Agile development
- Solid understanding of software development quality processes.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem solving capabilities.
We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top