AuditWatch Instructor (Independent Contractor)
Independent Contractor Position (virtual location)
AuditWatch, a division of Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting, serves the audit and accounting profession by providing leading experts to train and consult with firms that offer auditing services. AuditWatch University is an integrated development curriculum that provides CPA firms with the knowledge and skills to advance their professional staff. Starting with Basic Staff Training and culminating with management-level courses, AuditWatch University offers seven progressive levels of training. Seminars are offered in over 15 locations nationwide and are available in three delivery options: public live seminars, in-house seminars and customized training.
Description of Work
- Teach three day on-site audit staff training programs to audit professionals at conferences, seminars or at client offices
- Coordinate program specifics and course logistics
- Maintain a minimum seminar participant rating of 4.4 on a 5.0 scale
- Prepare and teach multiple program levels
- Book and coordinate own travel arrangements, generate expense reports and submit documentation for travel expense reimbursement
- Bachelor degree, advanced degree desirable
- CPA with strong audit experience
- 5 years of auditing experience with an accounting firm.
- Knowledge of GAAS and U.S. GAAP (experience with yellow book and PCAOB standards a plus, but not required)
- Teaching experience at a national or regional firm or national continuing education provider
- Strong presentation & facilitation skills including experience with MS PowerPoint
- Self –starter, team player
- Solid technical audit skills
- Travel required to reach seminar sites, with some assignments necessitating cross-country travel.
Interested candidates should email their resume to [email protected]
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top