AuditWatch Independent Contractor and Live Learning Instructor—Virtual
We are looking for an experienced and motivated professional to join our team as an independent contractor in providing industry-leading consulting and live-learning continuing professional education to audit-focused public accounting firms. This position offers a rewarding opportunity to blend creativity, presentation skills, and technical expertise in developing and delivering high-quality and impactful content.
Description of Work
- Serve as an independent contractor to deliver on-site and webinar-based accounting and auditing related live-learning content on an as needed basis dependent on customer needs and demands.
- Provide up to 80 days of live, on-site accounting and audit training to audit professionals at conferences, seminars or at client offices. Travel to approximately 40 seminar sites with some sites necessitating cross-country travel.
- Prepare and deliver facilitate training courses related to a variety of accounting and auditing topics such as: new accounting and auditing standards, sampling, analytics, risk assessment, documentation and internal controls.
- Conduct up to 40 webinar training events on a variety of technical accounting and auditing topics.
- Develop, enhance, edit and technically review accounting and auditing training material (seminars and webinars) on an as needed basis to assure technical accuracy and strong instructional design.
- Maintain a minimum instructor rating of 4.5 on a 5.0 scale from course participants.
- Adequately prepare for seminars and webinars and keep technically up-to-date.
- Collect participant on-site course records and submit all course documentation, including expense detail and attendee information in a timely manner.
- Bachelor degree, advanced degree desirable
- CPA with strong audit experience
- 6+ years of experience with an accounting firm as an experienced senior, manager, or senior manager level with assignments in addressing technical topics and audit issues, supervising and reviewing work of others, and interacting with clients
- Teaching experience and / or technical writing experience at a national or regional firm is preferred
- Strong presentation & facilitation skills
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to meet internal and customer deadlines
- Self-starter with discipline to work remotely as part of a virtual team
- Knowledge of PPC SMART and PPC audit methodology is preferred
- Solid technical accounting and audit skills
- Travel required to reach seminar and client sites, with some assignments necessitating cross-country travel.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume and contact information to Shawn O'Brien at email@example.com
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Charlottesville-Virginia-United States of America;Hartland-Wisconsin-United States of America;East Haven-Connecticut-United States of America;Hazelwood-Missouri-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top