Attorney Product Designer/Developer
Develop and manage the creation of new legal research products and enhancements to Westlaw that improve the customer experience and generate substantial new revenue for Thomson Reuters. This position requires someone with visual design training and experience who is passionate about understanding our customers, is capable of bringing creative and bold new ideas to life, and will deliver superior results consistently.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Coordinate with Information Architects, UI/UX Designers, CSS developers and other User Experience professionals on updating visual designs and interactions within legal research products
- Create mock-ups and PowerPoint presentations to effectively illustrate new legal research feature concepts and capabilities to customers and internal stakeholders
- Drive cross-functional product development teams to deliver new features and enhancements, including software developers, R&D, product owners, content operations, finance, marketing, customer service, testing, billing and account management.
- Ensure that business requirements, product designs and team performance are consistently excellent.
- Conduct and analyze customer research to validate, prioritize, and refine new product concepts.
- Assist product launch and ongoing sales efforts with presentations, customer visits, and other forms of support that effectively communicate the customer and business benefits of new features to management, customers, field staff, and other stakeholders.
- Design, coordinate and perform quality assurance testing for products and enhancements.
- Monitor performance of new products and enhancements through usage and revenue tracking.
- Provide oversight of existing products by answering questions, investigating problems, and working with programmers to resolve problems.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
- Responsible for driving cross-functional teams and troubleshooting to ensure on-time, on-budget and complete project delivery, but not directly responsible for the supervision of individual team members.
- Coordinate with others from across departments to create strategic, integrated product lines.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Advanced legal degree (JD, LLM or MLS)
- Visual design degree (Graphic Design, Website Design, UI/UX Design)
- 5 – 7 years of relevant or combined experience in product development, legal practice, legal product management, software development/design, or visual design.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Substantial knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing attorneys
- Strong conceptualization and design sense with proven ability to communicate visual design principles and rationale within a user-centered design process
- Ability to transform business objectives and new product strategies into actionable plans and accountabilities
- Ability to facilitate decision making and build consensus, lead meetings and provide regular updates to all parts of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills, including the ability to engage other stakeholders not under direct management to pursue a new course of action
- Strong project management skills, including project planning and ability to drive cross-functional, cross-department teams to accomplish established objectives within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively summarize complex issues, particularly in a group setting
- Experience designing high fidelity graphic assets in Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, or similar tools.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Knowledge of general web and research technologies and core usability/interface design principles
- Demonstrated experience with both planning and implementing complex technical projects
- Extensive experience using Westlaw and other online research tools
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
The position is located in Eagan, Minnesota. Less than 5% travel time may be required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top