Primary Objective(s) Provide legal interpretation in the form of research, analysis, and writing to support the development and maintenance of Thomson Reuters Legal information in all media, and ensure that published legal information contains and delivers premium legal content.
Legal Research, Analysis and Writing:
- Creates and classifies legal information in the form of headnotes, historical notes, headings, analysis, indexes, highlights, and other text.
- Reviews and edits legal information created by other employees, authors, freelancers and others.
- Identifies key legal issues in editorial materials.
- Demonstrates competence in Westlaw navigation and on-line research tools.
- Adheres to editorial publishing schedules and quality standards.
- Consults with finance, marketing, scheduling, and other departments regarding the business aspects of publications as required.
- Competently develops and maintains relationships with government and vendor contacts, authors, freelancers, and other contributors of information for publication as required. Identifies relationship issues and communicates those issues to management. May provide support for contract negotiations.
- Verifies own work and that of other staff as required for accuracy and completeness, and ensures that the information is properly presented and organized.
- Maintains and develops legal knowledge and skills training as required to complete work and stay current on legal trends and developments related to the employee's editorial responsibilities.
Individual and Leadership Development:
- Develops knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to the employee's responsibilities, and those of competitors.
- Demonstrates competence on company specific systems necessary to perform job functions.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- LL.B. or J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school required. Strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills.
- 1 - 2 years of legal or editorial experience.
- Exceptional editorial judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and communicate complex legal material.
- Ability to understand content and data structure.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and has familiarity with word processing and on-line applications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/projects.
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative or team environment.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all contacts, both in and outside Thomson Reuters.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Rochester-New York-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top