In this role you will provide legal interpretation in the form of research, analysis, and writing to support the development and maintenance of Thomson Reuters Legal information in all media. Members of this team are also tasked with ensuring that published legal information contains and delivers premium legal content. This position is located in Eagan, Minnesota. Relocation support may be available for out-of-state candidates.
There are a number of key responsibilities of the Attorney Editor role:
- Legal Research, Analysis and Writing: Our Attorney Editors create and classify legal information in the form of headnotes, highlights, and other features and enhancements. You will also identify key legal issues in editorial materials while demonstrating competence in Westlaw navigation and on-line research tools.
- Editorial Responsibility: Members of this team adhere to editorial publishing schedules and quality standards. They also verify their own work and that of other staff as required for accuracy and completeness, and ensure that the information is properly presented and organized. In this role you will be required to maintain and develop legal knowledge and skills training as needed to complete your work and in order to stay current on legal trends and developments that are related to your editorial responsibilities.
- Individual and Leadership Development: As a part of a larger team, you will attend and participate in meetings and take part in the employee evaluation process (both wider feedback and self-evaluation).To be most effective at your job, you will develop knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to your responsibilities, and those of competitors.
Members of our team prioritize their own work and understand the roles and responsibilities of each collaborator/team member and how each role impacts production. You will also be required to demonstrate competence on company specific systems necessary to perform your job functions.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self starter with aptitude for legal research and writing
- Analytical thinker who uses logic and collaborates to solve difficult problems
- Decisive with a focus on making quality decisions quickly
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and communicate complex legal material.
- Comfortable with personal computers and familiar with word processing and online applications
- Can prioritize tasks and projects and pursue them with energy and drive
- Great teammate who will work successfully in a shared environment.
- Strong communicator who can speak and write clearly and effectively with all contacts, both in and outside Thomson Reuters.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
"According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top