Associate / Sr. Associate - Contract Abstraction
For over ten years the Pangea3 team at Thomson Reuters has been the global leader in legal process outsourcing services, allowing corporations and law firms to save valuable time and money on resource-intensive tasks. That leadership continues with a new vision for a new era. Thomson Reuters Legal Managed Services now delivers Pangea3 expertise, with a best practices approach to leveraging the right combination of advanced technology, legal expertise and sophisticated processes.
This is an exciting time to join the Thomson Reuters' global family. You will be working in a high-growth, and fast-paced environment with legal, engineering and business professionals who are committed to excellence and successfully supporting corporate and law firm clients around the world. Our teams excel in the areas of eDiscovery and document review, contract lifecycle management, due diligence, financial trade documentation and regulatory change management.
We can say with confidence that the hard work and dedication of our over 1800, full-time professionals is unmatched by anyone else in the industry. Our teams love what they do and we're delighted that our clients seem to like it too. We honored to be an industry-recognized leader, continuously winning prestigious awards year after year.
Visit us online at www.legalsolutions.com/lms
- Review of lease agreements relating to real estate law
- Due diligence of lease agreements and amendment to leases
- Experience in Lease analysis or lease administration or property administration
- Ability to read and understand the Lease Agreements containing different provisions such as rent, occupancy provisions, tenancy obligations, etc
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Lease Agreement, renewals, extensions, LOI and Lease Riders
- Thorough knowledge of terms, specifications and provisions of real estate agreements, tenancy agreements or occupancy agreements
- Familiarity with terms such as operating expenses, CAM charges, lease renewal options, repairs and maintenance, holdover,
- alterations,alienations/subletting/assignments, etc
- A thorough understanding of the need for SNDAs and Estoppels and working knowledge in relation to the drafting of the same
- Using legal skills to review, analyze and abstract a wide range of contracts including Patent License Agreements, IT Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting
- Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Software and Data License Agreements, Vendor Services Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase and License Agreements, Sponsor Research Agreements, Inter Institutional Agreements, Supply and Distribution Agreements, Staffing, Consulting and Teaming Agreements, Lease Agreements, Estoppels and SNDAA and other commercial contracts
- Act as a team player while working with a team of lawyers on several abstraction and due diligence projects involving the agreements described above
- Provide professional, timely, and prompt service and responses to the Delivery Managers so that they can support the Client Contact and the Sales team
- Manage deadlines without delivery delays and consistently re negotiate deadlines (when necessary) well in advance of originally scheduled deadline; escalate client
- issues promptly and appropriately; consistently complete real time client call notes.
- Attend and participate actively in mandatory and non- mandatory training and certification courses.
- Good analytical and logical skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be computer savvy and able to learn and adapt to different contract management platforms
- Knowledge of English/Grammar enabling efficient comprehension of clients' documents, codes, abstracts and other deliverables
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Responsiveness - Sensitive to client deadlines
- Team Player - Ability to co-operate and work as a team member and encourage colleagues, maintains positive attitude contributing to team morale
- Must have: Law degree
- Desirable : LL.M.
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Commensurate with industry standards
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top