Associate Sales Executive, LMLF - NY/DC/PA
Join a seasoned sales team with a start-up mentality in a large, successful business. The Associate Sales Executive (ASE) is a quota-holding sales executive that will work across the sales district to help build a fast growing business in the Thomson Reuters Large and Midsized Law Firm Sales Channel. The ASE will assist the regions in all revenue-generating responsibilities, including scheduling appointments, demand generation including driving qualified sales leads, making initial presentations, understanding account requirements, closing sales, and contributing information across the entire region. This role will be selling Westlaw, litigation and transactional solutions and other Thomson Reuters products, to the legal community. The individual will leverage his/her expert consultative sales approach and honed professional demeanor to effectively manage complex relationships, while capitalizing on opportunities within Large and Midsized Law firms. This is accomplished through an in-depth understanding of Thomson Reuters products, sales techniques appropriate for a long sales cycle and the needs of the legal profession in order to bundle information solutions to meet broad firm needs.
- Attains sales targets and quotas on a monthly basis
- Investigates law firms' needs in order to build a comprehensive understanding of issues/concerns; Uses effective relationship-building skills as a strategy for dealing with customers; is focused on the big picture and business perspective when making decisions and taking action.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to identify alternatives to infiltrate a law firm deeper, wider and farther; creates bundled product packages with Sales Executive assistance to meet client needs.
- Demonstrates high level of professional qualities and disposition that commands attention and respect from C-Level executives at law firms; adapts smoothly to changing requirements and politicized issues.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to consistently build trust and confidence with users, key contacts, managers and executives at the largest customer sites; communicates and interacts effectively with internal team members to create high performing collaborative teams.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of Thomson Reuters products such as Westlaw, CaseNotebook. Drafting Assistant, West km, Monitor Suite and more as well as the legal profession: Relishes on-going, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly; welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Shadows Sales Executives and quickly develops the ability to demonstrate the use of Thomson Reuters products to the customer
- Obtains and provides territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration
- Partners with Sales Executives, Client Managers, Client Representatives and sales specialists to identify sales opportunities within each law firm and determine the most appropriate sales strategy
- Confers with and assists in customer-related issues, including complaints, as needed, to maintain good customer relations
- Completes weekly sales performance reports
- Attends sales meetings and conventions as required
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Commitment to accept a Sales Executive position in targeted geography
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations up to 50% of the time.
- Minimum 5 years successful sales experience in a consultative selling environment to C-level players
- 4-year college degree required
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Excellent communication skills and closing skills
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters products, experience selling into law firm accounts, and strong knowledge and background in the legal profession and/or legal publishing industry required.
- High level of competency with regard to internet, and internal prospecting.
- Proficient database management skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top