Associate Project Manager
A role is required for an Associate Project Manager within The Technology Office and Change Delivery organization of the Finance and Risk Technology Group based in Toronto. The goal of the group is to drive and improve effectiveness of the Technology Delivery organization in the areas of business planning, business operations, team analytics and portfolio management which includes program and project delivery of strategic investments.
Specifically the role will report into the Portfolio Director for Risk and Content. The individual will focus on project delivery of content transformation and accelerated growth programs for the Risk Business - the delivery of new propositions and products targeted at the Financial Services community.
The role is responsible for the delivery of business value to their key stakeholders – Product Management, Technology Owners and Services Operations primarily through the execution of projects to enhance capability or implementing change to existing infrastructures.
The Associate Project Manager may would define scope and manage one or more projects of smaller size/complexity and will work with senior project and other management to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved.
Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project.
Assist with or is responsible for defining, documenting and managing smaller-scale projects with supervision where needed, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices.
- Delivers projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's governance and project management framework.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and obtain commitment to make decisions.
- Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
- Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan.
- Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders.
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- Product & Content Management
- Program Office
- Business Operations
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and program management colleagues
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Thinking Globally
- Setting Direction
- Inspiring Others
- Focusing on Customers
- Driving Results
Bachelors / Undergraduate / Masters / MBA degree in engineering, computer science, finance or business. Experienced finance professionals with an MBA or equivalent degree.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top