Associate Project Manager, CIO Technology PMO (Eagan MN, St. Louis MO locations)
As a highly competent and trusted Project Management Organization (PMO), the CIO Technology PMO directly enables the acceleration of strategic, enterprise-wide initiatives encompassing the end-to-end project lifecycle. The PMO delivers project services through the implementation of standardized methodologies and tools, while being flexible to stakeholder needs and facilitating the achievement of desired business outcomes primarily related to technology-focused investment portfolios that deliver value to our businesses and customers.
The PMO is composed of professionals with deep industry experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, and Change Management. The PMO amplifies its value by bringing a wide and deep understanding of how the business and technology teams come together at Thomson Reuters.
We are growing and looking for project management professionals that enjoy working in exciting, fast-paced and collaborative environment where no two days are the same. The PMO prioritizes and invests in career development. We value a mix of experienced internal and external talent with diverse backgrounds to challenge the status quo and foster innovative ways of problem solving.
With broadly capable talent and efficient, effective processes, the PMO breaks down organizational silos, reduces critical risk factors, and builds enterprise capabilities that drive faster adoption of change and deliver greater business value to our customers. The critical programs impact the company's operations, underlying platforms, infrastructure, and ways of working.
The PMO is seeking a motivated and self-driven individual for the position of Associate Project Manager. The primary function of this role will be supporting scope definition, planning, leading and delivery of one or more projects of smaller size/complexity or completing a well established medium size project.
As part of the PMO organization, this position is responsible for following established standards and best practices throughout the project lifecycle. Under the supervision of a senior program management leader this role will manage all phases of the projects and will proactively identify, assess and manage risks that could impact the success of the projects. The Associate Project manager will collaborate with business and technical teams to ensure business objectives are achieved. This role will ensure stakeholders have the information needed to make effective decisions.
The Associate Project Manager will work under the direction of a Program Manager or senior PMO leader.
- Oversee and monitor progress on one or multiple smaller-scale projects relative to schedules, budgets and quality
- Define, document and manage projects, actively participating in all phases of the project life cycle, or specific phases of medium to larger projects
- Maintain adequate project controls to ensure projects deliver agreed benefits
- Identify, assess, and manage risks and issues
- Manage change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders
- Build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and facilitate commitment and decision-making
- Deliver input for formal presentations and summaries to senior management
- Work collaboratively with remote and virtual project teams in a matrix organization
- Monitor costs and timescales for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints
- Prepare and maintain project plans and track activities against the plan
- Provide project leadership and manage the day-to-day activities of project team members
- Implement an effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports
- Other duties/projects as required based on situational requirements and needs of the business
- The global nature of the typical project team will require some flexibility in working hours in order to ensure sufficient interaction across time zones.
- Some travel may be required
- 1 years of experience in a customer facing, project coordinator role or other related experience
- Project management training or experience working in business environment
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills with working knowledge of project management methodology
- Self-started with the ability to prioritize work to meet timelines
- Project Management (PMP, CAPM) and Agile (Scrum Master, ACP) certifications desirable, but not required
- Experience leading teams in a matrix organization
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities as required
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources: management, business, and technology contacts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Effective negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Locations: Eagan, MN; Saint Louis, MO; Ann Arbor, MI, Carrollton TX
Other: No direct reports
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top