Associate Manager, Enterprise Network Technology
The team's primary responsibility is implementing hardware and software lifecycle mitigation projects for ENT LAN networks. The Associate Manager will manage a global team of network engineers and be accountable for receiving high-level lifecycle management (LCM) designs, then planning and executing on those designs to agreed-to due dates.
In addition this role would act an Incident Owner for Enterprise Network Technology providing management level coordination and ownership during major incidents.
- Receiving projects, collaborating with stakeholders to shape due-dates, and efficiently allocating tasks to engineers.
- Providing status reports and forecasts to stakeholders and ENT leadership team.
- Liaising with a breadth of teams including proximity services, BU leadership, change management, network operations, technical teams in DCO (storage, platforms), and decommission teams.
- Explaining technical actions to non-technical people for the purposes of planning and approvals.
- Working with engineers to implement their changes in a risk-free manner.
- Writing goals and objectives for the team, producing metrics and measures, and handing performance issues.
- Act as an Incident Owner during weekends and participate in an on-call rota for weekend coverage, providing management level coordination and ownership for major incidents
Requisite Skills & Experience
- Proven project management skills; prefer several years of project management experience.
- Diverse people management experience; prefer several years of managing the performance of remote technical FTE and contract staff.
- Precise speaking and writing skills; quality spoken English and concise grammar.
- Sensible personal organization to track project and staff details.
- Experience working in a multi-priority atmosphere.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- A working knowledge of one or more network technology families: 1) Cisco multi-generation of switches/routers, 2) Cisco and F5 load balancers, and 3) Cisco, Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls.
- End-to-end understanding of datacenter operations.
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes.
- PMP or Price 2 Certification
- Bachelor degree in Business, Technology, or Operations Management or equivalent experience.
- No travel required.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top