Associate Lead Analyst - IT Asset Management
Associate Lead Analyst - IT Asset Management
The IT Asset Management (ITAM) team governs the end-to-end IT lifecycle of hardware and software assets, partnering with technology and business stakeholders, to manage compliance and optimize value.
The IT Asset Management Analyst is responsible for participating in the processes, tools, and methodologies in support of the Thomson Reuters' IT and Software Asset Management (SAM) governance. This includes the management of software license management processes, and life cycle planning.
The purpose of the ITAM Analyst role is to execute the day to day activities including:
- Understand and up to date with technology concepts related to software licensing including – SaaS, Cloud, Hardware platform, workstation and server etc.
- Industry standard software licensing models and terminology to be applied in TR Asset Management tool.
- Ability to convert software deployment and entitlement data to meaningful information for business units and other stakeholders.
- Perform software asset reconciliation for top/strategic publishers.
- Implement ITIL and ISO best practices to TR SAM processes.
- Collaborate with vendor management, sourcing, data center groups to understand business strategy and requirements.
- Work with M&A team for their requirements on mergers and divestitures.
- Develop and update software license models in Asset Management system.
- Understand and enforce software license methodologies/terms in Asset Management system.
- This role will be a touch-point in the workflow for software provisioning and rationalization, and will provide supporting data to enterprise architects, as software standards are developed.
- Manage the catalog for Software titles, coordinate the relationship between the catalog and definitive software library.
- Responsible for validation of Software and Technology entitlements including expertise with respect to installation and use rights and conditions, license metrics and counting rules, and interpretation of a few Software, Hardware, SaaS, ASP or Telecom license types.
- Partner with the audit and compliance team to ensure that processes are in place to audit the assignment, deployment, and use of licenses for internally used software.
- Ensure TR is fiscally and legally compliant for all software in use
- Ensure accurate "Effective Licence Position" for all suppliers
- Ensure and report of SAM process compliance
- Strong engagement & collaboration with stakeholders and business partners
- Educated to bachelor degree level.
- 6-8 years of IT experience including IT asset management and software asset management.
- Extensive experience in global organizations with similar industry, software asset management, IT asset management, Software license & compliance management.
- Has in the past managed a software portfolio with complexity of thousands of unique software titles deployed across the organization.
- Demonstrable drive for excellence in end result under stressful situations and tight timelines.
- Major's on supplier licensing methodologies and is able to exploit these for organisations benefit. Relevant industry accreditations.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of the requirements of the organisation in the area of Software assets.
- Has extensive practical knowledge of the principles of quality management together with an understanding of the applicability of such principles to operation of information systems.
- Previously worked on IT Asset Management, Software Asset Management systems.
- In-hand experience on ServiceNow
- Participated/Conducted software compliance audits.
- Software asset management implementation in an organization.
- Certification in SAM/ITAM domain like – CSM, ASM, CSAM
- In hand working on discovery tools like – SCCM, BigFix etc.
- Business awareness, understanding the broader context in which IT delivery has an impact on overall business performance
- Strong project management skills
- Focus on IT Quality and delivery to meet IT business partner requirements
- Strong decision making skills, making decisions with limited information, taking calculated risks
- Strong execution skills; ability to follow through
- Interpersonal skills and influencing ability; ability to impact and influence customer and stakeholders
- Ability to take accountability for results and demonstrate ownership
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top