Associate - Investment Banking
TheAssociate - Investment Banking works directly with various clients across theglobe such as investment banks, consulting firms, law firms, and variousmembers of the financial community in providing high quality custom researchand analyses. The Associate position will require extensive use of a wide rangeof both proprietary and third party resources to achieve this goal, includinginternal applications like Eikon, T1.com, SDC Platinum, Datastream, and otherThomson Reuters products. Because the role involves daily interaction withclients, candidates must possess strong communication skills, both written andoral, as well as superior analytical ability.
- Generateanalytical reports such as, but not limited to, shareholder analytics, roadshowprofiles, and deals analytics to assist in the origination and execution phasesof equity and fixed income deals.
- Createand develop quantitative institutional behaviour models for corporate financegroups.
- Workclosely with both recurring and one-off clients while identifying the dataneeded as well as providing the synthesized analytical reports.
- Deliverall client orders within the agreed-upon deadlines or the group's SLA,whichever comes first while continually updating customers on progress status.
- Interactwith clients proactively and professionally to drive up levels of customersatisfaction and revenue generated.
- Keepabreast of new or upcoming rules, regulations, document types, financial terms,etc. related to the SEC and the financial markets.
- Assistor lead in creating new accounts as well as invoicing orders done by theteam.
- Own one'sgrowth by exploring development opportunities such as trainings on corecapabilities, internal databases and engaging with specialists.
- Assistin ad hoc projects relating to accounts/clients or proprietarydatabase/research, and when needed or assigned by TR On Demand Management orglobal counterparts.
- Collaboratively work in conjunction with other Thomson Reuters businessunits to optimize services.
RequiredSkills and Experience (must have):
- Preferably with 2 years financial services industry experience, however freshgraduates are welcome to apply
- Stronganalytical ability
- Understanding of company financials and have a fair knowledge of the financialmarkets
- Excellentwritten and oral communication skills
- Attentionto detail
- Abilityto multi-task on simultaneous projects
- Basicproficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to be assigned on any shift as required by the business
- Willingness to provide weekend monitoring or at least 1 day weekend coverage
DesiredSkills and Experience (nice to have):
- Knowledgeof Thomson Reuters product and service offerings
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency with VBA, .NET or other programming languages
- Foreignlanguage aptitude (e.g. Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish, German, Italian,etc.)
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business Management or Administration, Financeor Economics
- CharteredFinancial Analyst (desired)
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top