Associate Editor, State Q&A Team
Associate Editor, State Q&A Team
Practical Law US is looking for an associate editor to conduct research, edit and publish Q&A surveys of state laws covering a variety of legal topics, including employment, intellectual property, real estate, litigation and finance (State Q&As). Each State Q&A provides an overview of an individual state's laws on a particular topic, for example New York anti-discrimination laws.
The associate editor will:
- Edit State Q&As written on a variety of legal topics into Practical Law's house style and plain English.
- Conduct research to confirm the accuracy of content in State Q&As.
- Liaise with external contributors regarding original contributions and updates of previously published State Q&As.
- Work with other editors and our web production team to publish State Q&As.
- Maintain internal progress charts, databases and folders.
- Provide additional editorial support for the US web services as required.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Candidates must have at least the following skills and experience:
- A J.D. plus one year experience, or at least five years as a paralegal in a law firm, or related experience in an online legal or financial publishing company.
- A keen interest in writing and excellent drafting skills including:
- very close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation and plain English; and
- an ability to write about complex legal issues clearly, simply and succinctly.
- Analytical and research skills and ability to identify key relevant information from sources.
- Ability to work efficiently and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT, administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Enthusiasm to work at a fast-growing company.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top