Associate Editor - Finance
The Associate Editor will:
- Write, edit and publish short items on recent legal developments for the website on a daily basis, highlighting the practical implications of the developments.
- Generate weekly e-mails on current legal developments for our database of subscribers and trial subscribers.
- Work with senior editors to maintain and produce first drafts of new practice notes, checklists, articles, and standard documents and clauses.
- Work with senior editors to review and edit contributed State Q&As.
- Participate in meetings with editorial teams to review progress and discuss relevant issues and initiatives.
- Provide additional editorial support for the US web services as required.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Candidates must have at least the following skills and experience:
- J.D. required. At least one year experience in a law firm or related experience in an online legal or financial publishing company preferred.
- Bank finance practice experience with a law firm or as in-house counsel preferred.
- A excellent writing and drafting skills including:
- very close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation and plain English;
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly, simply and succinctly.
- Analytical and research skills and ability to identify key relevant information from sources.
- Ability to work efficiently and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top