Associate Editor - Finance
Practical Law is looking for an Associate Editor to conduct research, draft, edit and publish a variety of content for its Finance web service.
The Associate Editor will:
- Assist team members, as needed, with the daily search trawls of numerous websites and other sources using the software application WebSite-Watcher.
- Narrow down search results and circulate key legal/news updates to team members throughout the day.
- Write, edit and publish short items on recent legal developments for the website on a daily basis, highlighting the practical implications of the developments.
- Generate weekly e-mails on current legal developments for our database of subscribers and trial subscribers.
- Work with senior associate editors in the creation of document summaries for the What's Market databases.
- Participate in meetings with editorial teams to review weekly e-mails and discuss developments in scope, process, and style.
- Work with senior editors to maintain and produce first drafts of new practice notes, checklists, articles, and standard documents and clauses.
- Provide additional editorial support for the US web services as required.
Candidates must have at least the following skills and experience:
- A J.D. plus one year experience in a law firm or related experience in an online legal or financial publishing company.
- Bank finance practice experience with a law firm or as in-house counsel preferred.
- A excellent writing and drafting skills including:
- very close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation and plain English;
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly, simply and succinctly.
- Analytical and research skills and ability to identify key relevant information from sources.
- Ability to work efficiently and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America
Back to top