Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for an associate editor to conduct research, draft, edit and publish a variety of content for its Practical Law Commercial Transactions web service. The associate editor will:
- Carry out search trawls of numerous websites and other sources, using the software application WebSite-Watcher, to identify breaking legal developments.
- Narrow down search results and circulate key legal/news updates to team members throughout the day.
- Write, edit and publish short items on recent legal developments, highlighting the practical implications of recent legal developments.
- Generate monthly e-mails on current legal developments for our database of subscribers and trial subscribers.
- Edit resources (including practice notes, standard documents, standard clauses and checklists) into Practical Law's house style and plain English.
- Work with senior editors, produce first drafts of new practice notes, checklists, articles, standard documents and standard clauses.
- Liaise with external authors regarding original contributions and updates of Practical Law resources.
- Work with print magazine staff on Commercial Transactions content for the magazine.
- Maintain and manage internal progress charts, databases and folders.
- Provide additional editorial support for the US web services as required.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
andidates must have at least the following skills and experience:
- A J.D. plus one year experience. In-house experience is a plus.
- A keen interest in writing and excellent drafting skills including:
- very close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation and plain English; and
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly, simply and succinctly.
- Analytical and research skills and ability to identify key relevant information from sources.
- Ability to work efficiently and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT, administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Enthusiasm to work at a fast-growing company.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top