Associate - Contract Abstraction
The successful candidate will work onprojects including projects for large investment banks, supporting organizationswith reviewing, summarizing and analysing financial documents (like ISDA, CSAetc.).The primary responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and summarizingclauses from a variety of financial documents, especially documentations forOTC derivatives like ISDA MA/ CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, IMA, bilateral amendments, etc.
- Subject-matter knowledge inderivatives and financial market industry and documentations and relatedactivities.
- Perform client outreach viaemails and calls. Track and monitor the progress of the outreach for eachclient.
- Act as a team player while working with ateam of lawyers on several abstraction projects (financial/non-financial).
- Provide professional, timely,and prompt service and responses to the Delivery Managers so that they cansupport the Client Contact and the Sales team
- Manage deadlines withoutdelivery delays and consistently re negotiate deadlines (when necessary) well inadvance of originally scheduled deadline; escalate client issues promptly andappropriately; consistently complete real time client call notes.
- Attend and participate activelyin mandatory and non- mandatory training and certification courses.
Ideal candidates for this position shouldcompetently demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of financialdocuments mainly in the OTC derivative space. Minimum 6 months experience inderivatives and financial market industry. Knowledge of regulatory requirementsin the context of financial market is a good to have.
- A proven record of completingcomplex documentation within very tight time deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detailand strong analytical, logical, drafting, and communication skills
- Excellent client service andinternal coordination skills as part of a project team with a particularmandate
- Enthusiasm and commitment to ateam based working environment
- Proficient with MS Excel, MSWord and Outlook
- Lawyer (LL.B. or LL.M.)
- Non Lawyer (Any Graduate)
6months – 4 years
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top