Associate Business Process Analyst
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a motivated person to work on vendor projects within our Legal Product Management & Editorial (PM&E) business unit. PM&E brings together our editorial, product development, and marketing teams to collaborate and present industry-leading products such as WestlawNext to our customers. This position will provide a unique opportunity to gain exposure to multiple areas of PM&E and also develop skills in Business Process Management, Business Analysis, sourcing and communication.
The purpose of the Associate Business Process Analyst is to support the Global Resource Management team (vendor relations) - and by extension the variety of teams within our Editorial and Operations groups – with data analysis, process mapping and quality management. In this position, you can expect to do the following types of activities:
- Process improvement for our core processes and responsibilities
- Analytical insight & data mining
- Process mapping
- Intranet page design and maintenance
- Administrative tasks for vendor contract management
- Project support to assigned team
Description of Role
- Coordinate and monitor file transfer to and from data conversion vendors
- Process vendor invoices and monitor vendor spend
- Facilitate review and documentation of existing vendor management processes and reporting
- Review complex workflows involving multiple business groups, including global teams, to identify, develop and drive process improvements.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in Business Administration with specialization in Business Process Management, Business Operations Management, Business Analysis or other business related fields.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 1 year of experience working in a Corporate Environment.
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Experience or interest in Process Mapping, requiring problem solving skills and analysis
- Ability to organize online information in a format that makes it easy to both find and update information, policies and procedures
- Attention to detail is needed to assist with vendor contract management and project monitoring
- Strong interpersonal skills for regular interaction with a wide variety of people, across functions, content and cultures
- Strong analytical and communications skills, exhibiting strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to influence internal and external audiences
- Proven problem solving skills with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio and other tools for analysis and reporting.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
"According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top