Associate Application Support Engineer - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
This position is for Application First Line Support as part of the Application Operations unit. This desk provides the first line services to multiple business units of the organization spread across the globe.
If hired, you will be part of a growing team responsible for providing first level monitoring and support of multiple global applications/infrastructures. Daily responsibilities include monitoring, incident management, and quick/efficient resolution of incidents, exceeding Customer service level expectations, assisting in continuous improvement of the unit's processes and procedures. You will also raise Incident Tickets and call out to the appropriate support teams. This role is a critical position within the support function as you are the first point of contact for any incident/issue and need to provide timely and quality customer service.
What will be your work schedule? This team provides 12x7 support out of St. Louis and India. Your normal schedule will be during US daylight hours, with exact days/hours to be figured out during your interviews. (Final schedules may be adjusted as required by management to provide shift coverage.)
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:Eyes on glass monitoring, raising tickets for alarms.
- Incident Management and raising issues to the second level teams per defined processes.
- Triage, solve problems, and resolve incidents.
- You will perform regular system health checks to evaluate performance and capacity.
- Recommend/implement process and/or tool improvements as appropriate.
- Notify appropriate support staff via established procedures. Document shift activity, facilitate and perform shift turnover with Bangalore and US teams.
- Continuous learning and improvement opportunities.
- A real passion for technology.
- Thinking like a Customer.
- Acting with integrity.
- Working knowledge Operating Systems (examples Microsoft Windows or Linux)
- Proficient interpersonal, communication, and social skills
- Collaborates well, in a team environment
- Building relationships and connecting with others.
- Ability to multi-task [including various/changing priorities].
- Highly-accountable and able to deliver high-quality results on time.
- Strong achievement orientation and driven for results.
- Continuously strives to build knowledge/skills; shares expertise.
- Diagnose and fix basic computer issues such as configuration problems.
- Understand basic network terminology and basic principles.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification a plus.
Are you looking to start a great career in technology with a global enterprise? If so, this may be a great opportunity for you.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top