Associate Application Architect
The Associate Application Architect will be responsible for applying technology and design expertise to existing and future products. Candidates should have an understanding of existing technologies as well as emerging technologies that are identified as strategic. The candidate should be at ease working hands-on with the developers as much as explaining technology to the business partners. Data security and the safeguards for protected data are the highest priority. Solutions must be aligned with Thomson Reuter's technology architecture vision and objectives.
- Develops, approves, and implements designs for current and future systems.
- Leads technical efforts and monitors implementation to ensure system quality
- Implements best practices in all areas for delivering solutions to customers efficiently.
- Directs the resolution of critical and complex customer problems.
- Articulates complex problems and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Effectively balances budgetary constraints with appropriate technical solutions.
- Participate in technology collaboration throughout the company as well as industry groups
- Provides technical assistance to other teams.
- Fosters technical aspects and mentors careers of team members.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required, Master Degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience developing, reviewing, approving, and implementing software for large scale web applications
- Significant experience in the complete SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) including Agile development methodology.
- Experience in multi-tenant and multi-tier design models for Enterprise Applications with high availability
- Success in large-scale systems re-engineering and technology transformations.
- Proven experience developing in .NET or Java including XSLT, C# and ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience with relational database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of leading edge technology including:
- Web technologies - HTML5, Angular JS..
- Modern UX design for desktop/mobile
- Technology platforms - SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Information security and risk assessment
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms - AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with data analytics and reporting.
- Effectively worked in globally distributed teams.
- Produces well-written technical and business documentation
- Excellent communication style with customers, business stakeholders, management, peers and developers.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate with limited supervision.
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing product, technical, and organizational drivers
- Mentor technology staff and provides input for performance reviews and participates in candidate selection
- Has mastered tools and technology used in the company
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Req #: JREQ088334
Locations: Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top