Associate Account Executive, Direct Tax - Remote
- Eagan, MN
This role is responsible for growing business by leading the customer/prospect strategy, achieving sales quotas and maintaining a robust pipeline with predictable long term success. This position will have a dual focus on acquiring new business and managing / renewing a territory of existing 'target' customers.
The objective of the Associate Account Executive (AAE) is to provide an additional sales professional to each Sales Executive ("SE") Region in the Direct Tax Sales Channel.
The ONESOURCE Direct Tax Sales team has an opening for a front-line, quota-carrying Associate Account Executive responsible for the sale of the entire ONESOURCE Direct Tax suite of software solutions in a geographic territory. The Direct Tax Associate Account Executive is responsible for new client acquisition as well as penetration of existing clients through incremental sales of software products and services.
From data management to analytics, only Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE has a comprehensive offering for every step of your direct tax processes. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, software sales person with demonstrated experience with complex sales to drive new sales of the ONESOURCE Direct Tax suite into large corporations that include the Fortune Corporate Market.
The Associate Account Executive will be expected to drive revenue growth of products and solutions by meeting or exceeding both new sales and retention goals. The ideal candidate will have in-depth, working knowledge of the ONESOURCE products, updates, and processes that are available to customers. The Associate Account Executive must be proficient at uncovering a client's key business objectives and challenges and providing insightful, actionable recommendations for improvement. The Associate Account Executive must be able to effectively collaborate with Solutions Consultant, Regional Sales and Services teams to bring the right resources to the sales effort and fine tune the solution to clients' needs.
As part of a sale, the Associate Account Executive will be able to discuss and demonstrate the software value proposition as well as discuss implementation methodologies and consulting services. The Sales Executive will be accountable for sales targets and be responsible for managing the complete sales cycle; from prospecting and appointment setting to qualifying, educating clients, product demonstration, proposal, contract and MSA negotiation and closing. The Associate Account Executive must be able to work remotely and independently while documenting all territory activity in CRM.
A Direct Tax Associate Account Executive is responsible for achieving the Corporate Market Enterprise sales business objectives and sales revenue targets within a designated geographic territory.
- Includes primary responsibility for acquisition of new sales (80%) and assistance with retention of existing clients (20%).
- Fulfills new sales performance goals identified in the annual Direct Tax Associate Account Executive compensation plan.
- Develops and grows a rigorous pipeline with accurate forecasting
- Reports regularly on sales activity, revenue forecasts and closing timetables.
- Obtains competitive information and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Participates in pre-sales calls, creates and delivers customized presentations (in person or online), provides written proposals and subject-matter expertise for solutions products for individual deals.
- Communicates product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client
activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues.
- Identifies opportunities to improve sales effectiveness.
- Cultivates, maintains, and engages customers on business products in order to promote usage and
revenue growth objectives.
- May assist in training client on products via conference calls and in person trainings to drive product
knowledge and sales.
- Develops and maintains relationships with existing clients to ensure retention of revenue from year to year.
- Maintains knowledge of product and product-related technologies by attending and participating in training on assigned products, Global Sales Meeting workshops and other available training opportunities.
- Provides territory market and competitive information to Thomson Reuters for internal business decisions and positions.
- Provides assistance to Client Service Managers in dealing with client issues to ensure retention of existing client revenue from year to year.
- Provides backup field sales assistance for other territories.
Note: Individual may be required to work from a home office with an appropriate office environment. Position will require some overnight travel. Position is not limited to normal office hours. Travel and work outside of regular business hours may be required with minimal advance notice.
- At least 6 years' experience in consultative sales, closing complex software and services sales, and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience selling consulting/professional services engagements.
- Strong ability to help clients uncover unmet needs around their business process
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding assigned goals
- Proven track record to balance prospecting, existing customer sales and upselling
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent listening and phone skills along with the ability to communicate technical information to high-level executives
- Ability to deliver results while working in a highly independent and fast-paced team environment
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports to inform management's strategic decision-making
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and within urgent timelines
- Demonstrated ability to conduct small and large group product demonstrations and other presentations
- Ability to work under a quota system and past documented success of achieving quota
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Charlotte-North Carolina-United States of America;Los Angeles-California-United States of America;Minneapolis-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top