Assistant Treasurer - Treasury Operations and International
We are looking for an Assistant Treasurer - Treasury Operations and International to join Toronto, Canada office. The Assistant Treasurer - Treasury Operations and International is responsible for Global Treasury operations and support and analysis across a range of treasury/finance subject areas as noted below. This is accomplished mainly through individual contributions but working as a team and across functions is critical in carrying out day to day responsibilities. The Treasury team is a key filter for new finance talent and a source of candidates for other finance openings across the firm; consequently, continuous maintenance, development and rotation of a team of highly capable individuals is a key talent management priority.
An overview of the position responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Oversee the global Treasury Operations team and processes.
- Manage treasury policies documentation updates and distribution.
- Maintain relationship/dialogue with global partner banks providing transactional banking services including credit lines.
- Partner with corporate tax team to ensure internal funding structure complies with their requirements while maintaining adequate group liquidity in all regions.
- Partner with Treasury DCM team and FP&A to provide short, medium and long term cash forecasting.
- Manage and review internal counterparty credit lines and limits.
- Manage intercompany loans covering liquidity management and settlement of I/C trading balances.
- Track and analyse global cash management banking fees.
- Implement group debt and transactional hedging programs.
- Manage regulatory compliance for trading entities.
- Manage sanctions banking compliance oversight/liaison.
- Cover Treasury requirements related to M&A both initial purchase or disposal process and integration of acquisitions where necessary.
- Compile various monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packs.
- Ad hoc project management as required e.g. - system implementation, bank RFPs etc.
Graduate degree, MCT or International equivalent qualification also preferred.
- 6-8 years of treasury related experience or equivalent in a multinational corporation; operational finance experience preferred.
- Must be able to lead by example and have strong management skills.
- Strong analytical skills essential, including financial modelling and strategic analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral).
- Must be able to communicate complex business information to a wide range of audiences, including to the CEO and CFO.
- Must demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, ethics and candor in all internal and external communications.
- Must show initiative and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to multitask and manage conflicting/competing priorities.
- Must be highly familiar with all Microsoft Office suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Must have experience of bank portals and Treasury Management Systems.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top