Assistant Treasurer - Capital Markets and Pensions
We are looking for an Assistant Treasurer to join our Toronto office. The Assistant Treasurer - Capital Markets and Pensions is responsible for delivering decision support and analysis across a range of treasury/finance subject areas as noted below. The incumbent will support senior managers on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. This is accomplished mainly through individual contributions but working as a team and across functions is critical in carrying out day to day responsibilities. The Treasury team is a key filter for new finance talent and a source of candidates for other finance openings across the firm; consequently, continuous maintenance, development and rotation of a team of highly capable individuals is a key talent management priority.
An overview of the position responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Develop and implement Thomson Reuters' capital strategy, capital structure, and financial policies
- Maintain insight and understanding of capital markets issues & trends, and impact to Thomson Reuters
- Provide project management and analytical support for core treasury activities, including debt and equity issuances, cross currency and interest rate swaps and interest rate analysis, bond redemption analysis, foreign exchange, cash investments, liquidity management, credit facilities, share buy-backs, and banking relationships
- Maintain relationship/dialogue with rating agencies
- Partner with financial planning & analysis and free cash flow teams to develop monthly liquidity forecast
- Manage commercial paper program including working with dealers to issue and redeem commercial paper
- Partner with relationship banks to structure and negotiate terms of revolving credit facility
- Develop competitive analysis comparing Thomson Reuters' capital structure metrics to principal competitors
- Prepare various financial analyses on a regular basis, including capital strategy, debt capacity, dividend policy, interest expense
- Maintain and update interest expense and share forecasts
- Manage pensions including leading global governance process, triennial negotiation with UK trustees, fiduciary oversight, and investment strategy and de-risking
- Manage preparation of monthly Treasury reporting package
Four-year college degree; M.B.A. degree preferred; strongly prefer a graduate from a top-10 business school; CPA or equivalent degree a plus
- 6-8 years of treasury related experience or equivalent in a multinational Corporation; operational finance experience a plus
- Must be able to lead by example and have strong management skills
- Strong analytical skills essential, including financial modeling and strategic analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral)
- Must be able to communicate complex business information to a wide range of audiences, including to the CEO and CFO
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top