Assistant Research Analyst (China)
Working in the World Check Risk Screening product, the Assistant Research Analyst is responsible to maintain accurate information currency to support the growth of Thomson Reuters' Content business across the region. The Assistant Research Analyst works closely with Research Manager ASPAC on research requirements and initiatives.
Reporting to the World Check Team Lead, the role is accountable for the following:
- Maintain research on breaking world events
- Conduct in-depth research on political structures and associated risk environment
- Analyse a wide range of sources and produce structured reports
- Interacts with other research team colleagues from same office and other countries
- Must be proficient in English.
- Must also be fluent in (spoken and written) in Mandarin.
- Must possess excellent research (Internet), analytical and writing skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and working in an online environment.
- Excellent ability to work independently, multitask and meet tight datelines.
- Must exhibit excellent professionalism - highly motivated, efficient and ability to manage stress.
- Must exhibit a can-do attitude.
- Must possess keen understanding of the world political environment and general country knowledge.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these requirements will still be considered.
- Undergraduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, or other social science fields. Outstanding recent graduates will be considered.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pulau Pinang-Pulau Pinang (Penang)-Malaysia
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top