Assistant Manager - Contract Drafting
For over ten years the Pangea3 team at Thomson Reuters has been the global leader in legal process outsourcing services, allowing corporations and law firms to save valuable time and money on resource-intensive tasks. That leadership continues with a new vision for a new era. Thomson Reuters Legal Managed Services now delivers Pangea3 expertise, with a best practices approach to leveraging the right combination of advanced technology, legal expertise and sophisticated processes.
This is an exciting time to join the Thomson Reuters' global family. You will be working in a high-growth, and fast-paced environment with legal, engineering and business professionals who are committed to excellence and successfully supporting corporate and law firm clients around the world. Our teams excel in the areas of eDiscovery and document review, contract lifecycle management, due diligence, financial trade documentation and regulatory change management.
We can say with confidence that the hard work and dedication of our over 1800, full-time professionals is unmatched by anyone else in the industry. Our teams love what they do and we're delighted that our clients seem to like it too. We honored to be an industry-recognized leader, continuously winning prestigious awards year after year.
Visit us online at www.legalsolutions.com/lms
The primary responsibilities include:
- Leads one large complex or two small-to-medium complexity projects effectively, without intensive oversight.
- Quality control the drafts reviewed by associates and sr. associates.
- Negotiates with client's counterparty (lawyers/business) to help attain the contract with no or minimal deviations from client's positions.
- Displays ability to lead projects in the absence of seniors.
- Primary responsibility for applying standard audits; does not simply rely on pre-existing audit lists; suggests additional audits (e.g. based on client escalation responses or other feedback)
- Point person for the project team to spot/address/escalate all issues.
- Expected to innovate and improve upon current processes and techniques.
- Prepares reporting matrices as desired by the client.
- Strong subject matter expertise.
- Administrative responsibilities, primarily centred on the employee appraisal process.
- Strong subject matter expertise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong client- and external party-facing skills: main point of contact with external representatives in connection with particular projects. Able to effectively gauge client needs even if not expressly stated
- Highly responsive to the needs of both internal (including reporting managers, other project managers and team members) as well as external clients
- Strong presentation and training skills; project-specific training is a core responsibility
- Strong project management skills, including firm grasp of Pangea3 processes, metrics, and productivity-implications of project workflow
- General knowledge of processes and platforms that the clients use
- Demonstrates an ability to perform Managers' role in Manager's absence
- LL.B / LL.M
- 3 - 8 years
- Commensurate with industry standards
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top