The person should be proficient compliance professional who:
- Conducts training on compliance areas for subordinates and guide them with subject matter requirements on live projects and otherwise.
- Co-operates with team members and acts as a team player.
- Supervises junior team members as a manager (goal centric career management and go to person for all issues)
- Escalates project specific issues and other relevant issues, as appropriate, to the relevant stakeholders.
- Applies himself to understanding the underlying issues of a project.
- Take ownership and provide feedback to juniors and assist in resolving conflict
- Achieve on time delivery (OTD) on all client deliverables or anticipate and escalate possible delay in advance.
- Thorough and meticulous with great attention to details.
- Taking ownership of processes and controls of the team, driving the development of methods to improve processes and/or controls to ensure that these are efficient, effective and relevant
- Understands overall client requirements to help develop project scope and drive internal discussions on resource requirements and creation of project plan
- Understands project metrics such as utilization, efficiency, gross margins etc.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Organized and efficient - handles particular responsibility assigned to him/her quickly and accurately.
- Reports back to his seniors on the status of assignments.
- Effective on the floor in terms of sharing learning/insights with peers/juniors/seniors.
- Consistent presence and active participation at team, department, and company meetings and participates in voluntary professional development programs.
- Accomplishes work with low to moderate supervision.
- Typically works on multiple projects at a time and acts as a project manager or direct reportee to project manager.
- Fundamental understanding of financial concepts and good hold on legal and compliance areas
- Ability to drive team's interpretation and understanding of statutes in light of financial products and services
- Excellent analytical and logical skills
- Good project management and people management experience
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office, specially MS Excel
- Working knowledge of legal databases
- Effectively communicating results/findings of work in all mediums (verbal and written)
- Ability to create standard instructions regarding legal research and any other project scope and cascade uniformly across the team for standardized outcomes
- Ability to advice and contribute towards creation of linear and efficient workflows based on project requirement
- Leverage strong communication and relation building skills in frequent interaction with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-reliant and confident handling of project and team issues
- Generally leaning towards issue resolution rather than issue escalation
- Adaptive to team and fosters collaborative approach
- Innovative approach to the project and team management, when required
- Shows passion and desire to learn
- Diligence and ability to multi-task
- Must have an eye for details
- Must Have: Law Degree (with understanding of financial world); or MBA (with good understanding of regulatory framework)
- 3 - 5 years
- Desirable: Experience in regulatory compliance related work; prior experience/knowledge of financial industry; Experience with project management and people management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top