Asia Investment Correspondent
Asia Investment Correspondent
Reuters News Operations
Reuters,the news and media division of Thomson Reuters is the world's largestinternational multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion peopleevery day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globedeliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languageswith speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reutersdesktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers onReuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson ReutersTrust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
TheReuters News Agency licenses Reuters' news and services to the news industry.Our customers are broadcasters, print and digital publishers, corporations andgovernments. Reuters News Agency provides its clients with multi-media newssolutions to reach their audiences. Our products include video & textfeeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content and syndication services which reach billionsof consumers around the world.
Reuters is seeking an experienced journalist to interpret market trends and developments in Asia, and bring new ideas on investment markets to our readers. Located in Hong Kong, the intersection of China's markets and the West, the successful candidate will track trends in investment and capital flows across asset classes and the interaction with politics and policy across the region.
After driving global growth and being a magnet for investors following the global financial crisis, Asia now faces challenges to maintain its momentum, including tougher competition for funds and greater scrutiny of the investment environment. We're looking for someone who can find out who is moving money in and out, and why, and tell that story with a distinctive style. In a region where many markets are undeveloped and wary of opening up too quickly, regulatory changes can have a major influence on investment returns and decisions, and we need someone who is confident in explaining the changes in rules around capital.
- Deliver interpretative stories and fresh angles on both conventional markets and new investment opportunities, such as cryptocurrencies, and how investment strategies change in response to economics, regulation and politics
- Write stories about industry itself, such as changes in the way trade is conducted, new technologies and shifts in business models
- Ability to build strong source relationships is a requirement for this position
- Be a leader who can work with reporters in bureaus around Asia, including on major spot stories, and be part of a network of investment correspondents in Europe and the United States
- Strong writer with experience covering markets at a regional level, and offers a career path into more senior editorial roles
Required Skills and Experience
- Sophisticated understanding of markets and how they interact
- Strong writer who can demystify jargon and explain complex subjects in an accessible way
- Proven ability to build a broad range of sources in the industry
- Demonstrable experience of producing multimedia content
- Able to work with bureaus across Asia, and with reporters who may not be experienced market hands
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top