Asia Equities Correspondent, IFR
This role focuses on major deals in Asia's fast-moving equity markets. As underwriters and exchanges compete for the next major 'new economy' listing and investors search for the next Alibaba, Asia's capital markets are at the forefront of the action.
The successful candidate will join a close-knit team responsible for providing value-added coverage of major share issues and market developments for the various IFR platforms, working to real-time, daily and weekly deadlines.
He or she will need to build strong relationships with market participants and be able to explain deals and market trends clearly and accurately.
The role would suit an enthusiastic reporter capable of identifying new information and fresh angles on a competitive beat.
- Writes stories with accuracy and speed and in accordance with our principles and operating standards.
- Gathers information to break news and write stories.
- Builds and maintains a set of contacts to break news.
- Builds expertise and knowledge to broaden and deepen coverage.
- Identifies news relevant to clients.
- Embraces the principle of telling stories using the most appropriate media available.
- Understands the news needs of our business and interacts with clients and business stakeholders.
- Strong English skills and the ability to communicate quickly and clearly are essential.
- At least two years' journalism experience is required, as is the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience covering financial markets is highly desirable.
- Fluency in an Asian language is an advantage.
- Relevant qualifications in finance / journalism are desirable but not essential.
Published by Thomson Reuters, IFR is the world's leading provider of international capital markets intelligence, offering real-time, daily and weekly news on major debt and equity financings to a professional audience. IFR's flagship weekly magazine has been printed since 1974, and the Asian edition since 1997. IFR's real-time coverage is available to users of Thomson Reuters Eikon.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong;Beijing-China
Back to top