Architecture Security Project Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters' Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for a strategic, innovative change agent to manage the day to day logistical operations across Security Architecture. The Architecture Security Project Manager role will be responsible for assisting the ISRM Architecture team manage relationships with internal key stakeholders within multiple businesses. This role will require the establishment of agile and lean methodologies, and to assist in team development and coaching in these practices.
The ideal candidate will possess the right demeanor, skillset and experience to supervise a team of architecture leaders. Experience in driving customers to prioritise work and plan for backlog. Coordinating a matrix-to-mission agile team organisation to ensure the best resources are assigned to each challenge. Manage project planning, prioritization, delegation and tracking metrics.
- Manage all aspects of the Security Portfolio within the Security Architecture team
- Working alongside the Principal Security Architect, serve as a routing point for planning & coordination across the internal businesses
- Scoping and sizing project requirements, determining the amount of effort required, and providing a realistic timeline for deliverables
- Negotiating and committing customers to appropriate deliverables and timelines
- Assist ISRM Architects with the day to day engagement management and tracking across external and internal parties
- Establish a suitable agile methodology for team operations
- Communicate vision of team interaction with internal stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Program Management or Business Operations
- Must possess strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and group facilitation skills
- 5 years of experience in IT project management
- Hands-on experience working with leaders from multiple business segments
- Change agent with ability to drive accountability & outcomes across a diverse team of architecture leaders
- Strong business acumen & successful track record in aligning with customers
- Must be a strong cross-functional team player with ability to manage and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience managing an agile scrum team
- PMP Certification
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top