"This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html "
Architect - Risk Technology
Finance and Risk
Product or Service:
The Nottingham Risk Technology Hub is where we build solutions that form part of the Thomson Reuters Risk portfolio. A team of highly skilled engineers work with our product teams to deliver high quality risk solutions, including the award-winning Connected Risk platform - a highly configurable Java web application which can be configured to deliver a wide variety of risk solutions.
You'll be leading the analysis, design and definition and providing oversight for the construction, testing, installation and maintenance of the products built in the Risk Technology Hub. You'll apply technical governance processes to ensure that we deliver systems that delight our customers, partnering with a dedicated and passionate team to provide architectural oversight throughout the life cycle of a project. Through a demonstrable enthusiasm for technology, you'll have an awareness of the capabilities of the cloud and how businesses can take advantage of this rapidly changing technology.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Individually or with others, creates and maintains the architectural design of projects consistent with the long term IT strategy, ensuring alignment with architectural standards and giving due consideration to cost optimisation.
- Ensures the architecture is communicated, understood and adhered to by the project team.
- Provides and/or collaborates on design recommendations, application development constructs and integration solutions identifying risks and mitigations.
- Acts as the go-to person for specific technology domains.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems and technical issues taking a holistic and preventive perspective across systems and technologies.
- Supports and champions technical change initiatives.
- Communicates solutions, technical designs through formal and informal means to business unit executives, technology management, peers and development staff, and other colleagues.
- For cloud based projects, ensures consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects
- Keeps up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends - open source and cloud vendors such as AWS and Azure
- Agile team members.
- Business Analysts.
- Project Manager.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative, dynamic Agile team environment.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills to reach binding agreement on architectural decisions for a project.
- Strong issue resolution and conflict resolutions skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple levels of technology staff, from various technology and application domains across different geographical locations.
- Superb communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Experience building software following cloud native architecture methodologies.
- Demonstrable passion for application security and understanding of security best practices.
- Knowledge of container technology such as Docker, AWS ECS, OpenShift or Kubernetes.
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery tools.
- A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
- Cloud certification would be an advantage.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top