Architect, Content Technology
Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting (TRTA) is seeking an Architect in its Content Technology organization. As the team's architect you will play a key role in designing the future state content management system that delivers content to both TRTA's flagship product, Checkpoint as well as the broader Thomson Reuters enterprise. In this role, you will work closely with our technology organization (setting a clear vision for the future) as well as our business partners to develop solutions that are cloud-ready and deliver the right business outcomes.
- Serves as the senior most technical member of the Content Technology organization, providing guidance and setting direction for architectural and development activities
- Works with both onsite and remote (Hyderabad, India) teams to ensure that high-quality solutions are delivered in a timely fashion
- Mentors development teams in software engineering best practices with a focus on delivering consistently high-quality software with supporting test cases and documentation
- Contributes to Thomson Reuters enterprise efforts, often representing and speaking on behalf of the Tax & Accounting organization for content-related initiatives (for example, the Enterprise Content Platform (ECP))
- Performs proof-of-concept work such as evaluating software frameworks and solutions that may provide value to the team
- Works ahead of the teams in terms of planning and architecting solutions, while documenting findings and transitioning work to the development teams for production implementation
- Deep technical understanding of cloud-native architecture and engineering best practices
- Ability to work hands-on with Java and associated frameworks, i.e., Spring
- Experience building distributed architectures using Spring Boot
- Experience with Consul and related projects, i.e., config server, service discovery, etc.
- Experience designing and developing applications that leverage relational databases as well as NoSQL databases
- Experience with Hadoop architecture/ecosystem and related tools, for example, HDFS, YARN, Spark, Oozie and HBase
- Stays up-to-date with IT Operations trends and new best practices like managing deployments with Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher.
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Understanding of systems monitoring for cloud native architectures, such as alerting and analytics (Logstash, Nagios, Splunk, Datadog etc.)
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Experience building RESTFul APIs while following best practices: resource design, payload definition, headers, etc.
- Knowledge of XML schema design and information architecture best practices
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top