Come join a team of creative and innovative software developers dedicated to working on leading edge problems with research scientists and engineers. You and your team will collaborate to create the next generation of products powered by Artificial Intelligence that will help our customers find the answers they are looking for.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to use exceptional development skills, and learn and grow in technologies like Big Data, search engines, recommendation systems and machine learning.
Thomson Reuters is at the forefront of development of technology that will revolutionize how people access and use information by interacting with intelligent machines. The Centre for Cognitive Computing is a newly-formed branch of Thomson Reuters Research & Development dedicated to advancing the state of the art in machine perception, reasoning, knowledge management and human-computer interfaces. Thomson Reuters provides authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven individual to join our growing team of scientists, architects and engineers. You will be part of a team who will build ground-breaking solutions and making significant advancements to products across Thomson Reuters that empower our customers with critical answers.
- Delivers architectural solutions to achieve current and future business needs. Provides overall technical vision and leadership of how systems are to be designed and deployed. Leads the formulation of the "big picture" and translates it into a formal design or blueprint for developers to follow.
- Makes recommendations to management on business proposals considering the impact on long-term business and viability of products. Provides financial input and analysis for technology aspects of projects.
- Lead implementation of algorithms and development of systems for information retrieval, machine learning information extraction, text categorization, text mining, or related areas in the context of large online delivery environments.
- Work closely with researchers as part of experiments. Help identify solutions to technical challenges associated with AI research.
- Verbal and written technical communication
- Software Design, object oriented and functional
- Technical project requirements planning and execution
- Able to effectively code in one of the following languages: Java and familiar with Java ecosystem, Python, Kotlin, Scala, R
- BS degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of professional software development experience, with 5+ years' experience leading large design efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to architect and build scalable, high performing and reliable systems. Experience with cloud-based infrastructures and development.
- Strong computer architecture and computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills. Experience working with customers to capture requirements.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with large scale, real-time data processing systems.
- Experience with cloud and cloud-based architecture
- Experience with big data processing environments like Hadoop/Spark and big data software design
- Experience with AI and machine learning (ML) systems and systems design
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top