Application Support Engineer
Thomson Reuters (Markets) LLC
717 Office Parkway, Creve Coeur, St. Louis, MO 63141
Application Support Engineer (Creve Coeur, St. Louis, MO)
The 2nd Level team possesses a deep knowledge of the various systems that are part of the proprietary infrastructure as well as an understanding of the financial data that traverses, becoming a cumulus of the information that the different development teams, engineering, application support and hardware support have. The 2nd Level Elektron RT Support Desk, performs application and data flow support duties on a 24x7x365 shift, supporting all regions of the globe. L2 is the first point of escalation for the 1st Level Elektron RT Support Desk. This group is primary responsible for the intraday operations of ELEKTRON RT servers, maintaining optimal levels of service availability and facilitating rapid controlled system changes. The group is responsible for the restoration of service for all incidents that are referred to them via the 1st Level group They will perform more complex investigations, still following predefined procedures, which will involve them logging onto individual servers in either the collection, distribution or MTC pop sites.
The primary responsibility is to resolve problems in the infrastructure that affect the service and customers or that can potentially or imminently affect customers through the use of various tools and technical knowledge. Provide operational support to ensure the fast resolution of problems as well as the agile improvement and update of the infrastructure. Duties include:
1) Incident support, through calls and meetings.
2) Creation and approval of draft Knowledge Articles.
3) Change Management creation of CTs (change tasks).
4) Deployment of software on over 7000 servers.
5) Problem Management, assisting problem analysts with RCA and PIR were appropriate.
6) Preventative Maintenance & Availability Management .
7) Point of escalation for the 1st Level ELEKTRON RT group.
8) Application Data Flow Support.
9) Provide Technical support at TRT.
10) Assisting with Pop On-Boarding OAT and maintaining associated documentation. 11) Maintaining active production (SOU) support documentation.
12) Participation in PDT (Power down Tests) in conjunction with Implementation.
13) Capability testing during / following CTs to ensure failure testing is carried out ensuring resiliency and redundancy throughout ELEKTRON RT is operating as designed.
14) Testing and approval of new systems. 15) Availability to work weekend and holidays as determined by shift rotation.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
3 years of experience working in the IT field as a Support Engineer or similar role. Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
1) 2 years working with Real time or low latency infrastructures or networks.
2) 2 years of experience with Windows Server or equivalent training/certifications (MCSE Certification), including Troubleshooting, Active directory, Registry entries, System files, & drivers.
3) 1 year experience with Linux or equivalent, including Troubleshooting, Browsing files, editing, compilation of kernels, generation of scripts
4) 1 year experience with Network
5) 1 year experience with financial instruments including futures, options, trades and quotes for ordinary shares.
6) 3 years working on ITIL environments.
7) 3 years working with Server type hardware including HP blades, IBM RACF type systems.
8) 3 years working with Ticketing Systems and documentation tools (HP Service now/Service Manager 9/Vantive/Peregrine).
9) Availability to work weekend and holidays as determined by shift rotation.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top