Application Support Engineer
Level 1 App Support is responsible for triage, trouble shooting, resolution and escalation as per service levels and documentation. Candidate will be responsible for providing first level support in the management, monitoring and control of the TR Services as defined by the responsibilities of the Team. The position will involve shift work, covering services provided globally on a 24x7x365 basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and manages the delivery of Thomson Reuters Technical Operations 1st level to meet or exceed agreed service levels on a 24 X 7 X 365 basis.
- Good knowledge on Unix platform
- Monitors Content Technology applications and provides end to end incident management as an incident manager
- Manages and owns 1st level incident diagnosis, escalation/referral and restoration of service.
- Owns Incident Management, Incident Coordination and Incident Communication for 1st level incidents on portfolio of infrastructures.
- Liaises with the broader Tech Ops world for the business and application teams
- Achieves maximum system availability and timely completion of the scheduled production workloads.
- Ensures that business critical task checklists are followed and that all scheduled events are completed correctly in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensures correct referral and escalation of such issues
- Produces routine daily logs, exception reports and to produce reports on major service incidents
- Ensures personal awareness of and adherence to established Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management procedures
- Produces and maintains documentation as per departmental document control standards, including support documents, project plans and status reports with a focus on process improvement.
- Identifies and reports deficiencies in systems, service and procedures and ensure that they are updated where necessary.
- Acts as advisor to group and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Provides diagnostic and troubleshooting support for systems, applications and customers.
- Proactively ensures all routine and non-routine events are completed in a timely manner.
- Initiates and coordinates follow-up on outstanding application, system and network problems with appropriate teams.
- Drives projects as assigned to ensure completion on schedule and within scope.
- Facilitates communication between shift personnel, platform groups, management, and non-Data Center groups as needed to maintain the established service level agreements.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
- Highly motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work and willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedure, and adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere.
- Ability to act rapidly and logically under pressure, and make effective use of others in resolving problems.
- Interact with Client-facing staff such as Technical Account Mgmt Teams, TRCS, SCT, etc
- Understands the Business Continuity procedures of the team and participates in BCP related activities on a regular basis.
- Application support experience on Unix (Linux/Solaris) OS platform.
- Knowledge of Windows OS platform.
- Basic Knowledge of Network, Storage and Backup concepts.
- Good to have knowledge on Job schedulers
- Basic knowledge of Database concepts.
- Familiarity with ITIL, ISO and BCP concepts
- Security Awareness
- Reporting and Service Delivery terminology
- Good soft skills including influencing, presentation, facilitation and meetings, management & feedback
- Ability to multi task with attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and Positive service attitude
- Excellent Team skills, with ability to listen and contribute to discussions and meetings.
- Customer and service focused, with determination to meet their needs.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, change management methodologies, problem solving methodology
- In depth knowledge of IT products and technologies.
- Keen interest in learning and expanding knowledge of Operating systems, protocols, Thomson Reuters applications and products, and in pursuing a career within Operations.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top