Application Incident Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The primary purpose of the Incident Manager role is to ensure that major incidents are managed effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of normal service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to customer service. The Incident Manager is expected to work with their immediate teams and stakeholders as part of an ethos to successfully manage major incidents and ultimately drive down the number and frequency of incidents and improve service recovery times.
The Incident Manager will:
- Ensure compliance with the Incident & Problem management processes; to ensure effective incident management and timely resolution
- Manage problems/incidents, ensuring the smooth transition from Incident to Problem Management
- Engage pre-emptive mechanisms to identify and mitigate potential risks;
- Ensure timely and accurate client communications during an incident, and participate in follow up calls with customers where required
- Identify & pursue opportunities for continuous improvement
- Escalate to Senior Management levels as needed to bring correct response and support from owning groups
- Maintain flexible work schedule
- Own management of incidents involving systems or applications which require immediate customer support.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to prioritize tasks during service restoration/risk mitigation, ensuring that the right talent is engaged and utilized at the appropriate level in order to achieve successful outcomes
- Ensure correct inputs to the Problem Management process
- Provide regular updates to the communications manager(s) for distribution during an incident
- Gather information and facilitate the decision making process of granting approval for immediate change requests to systems with input from the appropriate teams, understanding the potential impact to production systems prior to approval
- Ensure timely incident escalation through to the appropriate severity Level
- Assist in the creation and review of all incident management checklists, logs and tickets on a daily basis, providing follow-up actions and feedback as necessary.
- When required prepare metrics and presentations on the availability and status of production systems and incident management projects/work items
- Create, maintain, and recommend changes in incident management, operational procedures, policies, standards, escalation documents, diagrams and all other documentation Incident Managers rely upon. Ensuring compliance and support of incident management practices
- Utilize business and technical knowledge to ensure procedures are in line with service level agreement requirements.
- Collaborate with other technology groups across Thomson Reuters to leverage assets, resources and best practices.
- Create and maintain customer relationships, working with the relevant account teams and service owners to provide incident reporting and feedback to those customers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Clearly and accurately describe a complex issue verbally and written that needs to be delivered quickly.
- Chair technical meetings with senior management representation to drive the recovery of issues and ensure business understanding of impact
- Facilitate the resolution of complex issues through logical reasoning.
- Understand technology and networking terminology such as TCP/IP
- Maintain a high degree of understanding of the financial markets
- Quickly learn new technologies
- React rapidly to issues.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Fluent in the use of TR Financial & Risk customer products
- Prior experience with Incident management, ITIL processes
- Ability to manage multiple incidents simultaneously - multitask
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work in Shifts
- ITIL Foundation/Intermediate Certification.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top