Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add an Application Architect to our Regulatory Intelligence team at our Eagan, MN office. This challenging position requires you to think independently and collaborate effectively with others. This is a chance to get in and make an immediate impact on our new and expanding product line. It is an opportunity for you to work for a great company with smart people and build global products.
You should have the ability to deliver high-quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and handling multiple projects are key. You should have extraordinary communication and negotiation skills, combined with experience guiding software and quality engineers in implementing production quality solutions. You will be a mentor and a thought-leader with real-world business common sense and deep technical acumen who can communicate clearly and collaborate across functions.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 10 years' experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of innovative technology products
- Experience participating in Agile Methodologies, primarily Scrum
- Comfortable in communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers
- Mature leadership skills with a track record of mentoring teammates and strong background in setting goals and creating tasks
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize own work effectively
- Ability in writing clean code that is easy to understand
- Able to provide technical guidance and support to multiple teams of 5-8 engineers.
- Customer first approach to software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
- Highly motivated and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Server side programming technologies including Java and Spring
- Handling code and changes in a team environment that includes experience with source control utilities, such as Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Comfortable leading design discussions and creating design/architectural documentation in addition to hands-on development
- Working and interacting with a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Mentoring junior developers and translating requirements from business partners
- Experience with XML processing and transformations (XPath, XSLT, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft .Net technologies
- Knowledge of F5 setup and configurations
- Other experience: Tomcat, Hibernate/JPA, UML, React
- Microservice architecture
- Search engines: Apache Solr and / or Elasticsearch
- Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software using SQL, NoSQL and statistical tools
- Experience in developing software systems, which employ data mining, machine learning or statistical/econometric techniques, methods and algorithms
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where you live, the business you advance, and the decisions you influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top