Our Architects act as subject matter experts for individual products and/or specific technologies within their domain while driving the definition, agreement, and implementation of technology strategy. Individuals within this role make appropriate use of industry and corporate standards and best practices.
Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting (TRTA) is seeking an Application Architect that will have a key role in defining the future state architecture for its flagship product, Checkpoint. The Checkpoint platform is poised to implement major improvements as we embrace technologies such as cognitive computing, deep product integration and cloud-based architecture. This role will require working closely with technology solutions, vendors and business partners to develop fit-for-purpose solutions that are scalable and deliver business outcomes. This position is highly visible and offers room for growth while providing excellent learning opportunities.
Tax, accounting and finance professionals rely on Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, the revolutionary, easily-searchable online system, to get straight to their answers. Checkpoint blends cutting-edge technology, editorial insight, time-saving productivity tools, online learning and news updates with intelligent linking to related content and software. Thousands of tax and accounting professionals rely on Checkpoint every day to understand complex information, make informed decisions and use knowledge more efficiently.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Designs technical solutions that will fit into long-term business objectives
- Initiates and completes highly complex technical projects and participates in development reviews
- Partners with business and technology leaders, including design teams, to align application development with the strategic data center and/or public cloud direction
- Collaborates with business unit design and data center support teams on the implementation of infrastructure to support applications
- Analyzes and validates architecture, balancing tradeoffs between technology and business requirements where necessary
- Leads functional teams of technical experts and facilitates integration of their work product into complex systems
- Establishes design principles, standards and best practices to promote the consistency, completeness, interoperability and quality of a solution
- Assist in defining and communicating architecture vision and strategy for TRTA
- Clearly communicate design principles, standards, best practices and design decisions to developers, architects and technology leaders
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Able to work in a highly collaborative, dynamic agile team environment
- Ability to integrate specific elements of functional domain skills to deliver innovative technical designs
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to successfully operate across organizational boundaries and to influence vendors and technology staff and impact the internal and external technology community
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to synthesize business requirements with technology capabilities to produce coherent technical designs
- Experience designing user interface components to ensure performance, flexibility, maintainability and aesthetics
- Java and J2EE development and analysis experience
- Experience with SOA, Web services, SOAP, and REST are highly desired
- Self-driven and able to work independently as well as in collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple levels of technology staff, from multiple technology and application domains across multiple geographical locations
- Understanding of REST, Web technologies and Web protocols
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; degree in computer science or mathematics preferred
- 10 years relevant technical experience, plus 3 years architectural experience
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top