Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Reuters Consumer is an agile digital publishing business in the heart of the world's largest news organization. Our mission is to be the premier source of news for global professionals. We combine technology and editorial innovation across Reuters.com and Reuters TV to deliver a powerful experience to over 50 million monthly users on the web, mobile and set-top-boxes.
The Analytics Manager is a full-time position in our New York City, Times Square office. This is a unique opportunity to join a consumer media group with one of the world's leading content producers and brands. You will be responsible for managing analytics across the Reuters Consumer product portfolio (Reuters.com and RTV sites, app, third party platforms). You will also be responsible for supporting, monitoring and analyzing data to help answer key business questions, interpret performance and provide insights. This includes understanding user behavior and optimizing audience engagement, by leveraging all available datasets. The candidate will work with the Product, Editorial, Sales and Marketing teams to distribute analytics-based KPI's. Ideally, you have an intense curiosity and passion for problem solving, the ability to envision solutions, a positive can-do-attitude, the ability to manage multiple priorities along with strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ownership of analytics tagging and implementation across the Product portfolio
- Analyze data to understand user behavior and developing trends
- Ability to interpret analytics and provide insight
- Manage A/B and multivariate tests, ensuring accurate and valid results
- Assess the current state of business analytics tools and suggest improvements where necessary
- Create analytics and measurement strategies to drive business utilizing empirical KPI's
- Collaborate with the Head of Data Operations to define a global strategy covering various business requirements, including taxonomy management, audience targeting and overall data management
- Create and distribute weekly/monthly dashboards for all stakeholders and ad-hoc reports when necessary
- Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve both team and broader organization's goals and objectives
- Provide fact based insight that will influence and drive Product roadmap(s)/priorities and Design
- Lead A/B testing initiatives to improve user engagement
- Leverage data and analytics to get ahead of trends
- Serve as an analytics thought leader across the organization.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with 3 years experience working on a web analytics platform - e..g Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics - for a major publisher.
- Ability to manage competing demands and work as part of a team in a deadline driven environment.
- Master Degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of statistics, distributions and estimators with 3 years experience using multiple SQL dialects
- Expertise in Segment, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Chart.io
- Hands-on experience with data warehousing, data modeling & building dashboards
- Basic Proficiency in R or Python
- Experience in the Digital News/Publishing industry
- Familiarity with A/B testing and optimization tools (Optimizely)
- An ability to properly interpret analytics and trends
- Understands how to communicate throughout different levels of the organization
- Capable of managing multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top