Thomson Reuters Risk is growing its Managed Service & Platform products. The Screening Resolution Service (SRS) proposition is to ensure that the global financial and corporate communities can clearly identify who their customers are, in order to fulfill regulations designed to conduct client due diligence. This is a unique opportunity to join a business which is expanding its managed service offerings in order to partner with and support clients with their requirement to comply with due diligence requirements of the regulated community.
ROLE PURPOSE AND OUTPUTS:
(Accountabilities, activities and tasks)
- To be a part of the remediation process that is utilized by large banks and premier corporate globally
- Resolution of matches generated by screening names across financial and corporate fields, against a comprehensive World-Check database
- Carries out and manage other related tasks to the above and any ad-hoc project or task assigned by RS or Manager
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Analyst - Operations:
- Reports to the Research Supervisor or Senior Research Supervisor, SRS
- Works closely with all SRS colleagues especially those in Operations team
(Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline (Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Journalism, Finance/Accountancy/Banking,Linguistics/Languages, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce or equivalent)
- Required languages (both written & spoken): English. Bonus language proficiencies, especially in foreign languages, such as Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, and other prominent ones preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to follow strict guidelines provided for match resolution
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and quality
- Paying attention to detail and delivering activities on time.
- Strong communication, questioning and listening skills.
- Displaying good analytical and negotiation skills.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- Managing multiple tasks and activities simultaneously
- Flexibility to handle ongoing changes in the business
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Exceptional candidate who do not meet these requirements will still be considered.
Experience preferred but not mandatory:
- 1 year of working experience within the compliance function of an organization
- Good knowledge of client on-boarding processes, including regulatory requirement
- Knowledge of compliance, Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Bribery regulations is a bonus
- Knowledge and understanding of sanction programs (e.g. OFAC)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pulau Pinang-Pulau Pinang (Penang)-Malaysia
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top