Analyst, Russia Power
The key task for the Power analyst will be to follow the Power markets onprice movements, government policy and regulations in Russia. The candidatewill have strong analytical writing and quantitative skills, working to produceboth market briefs and lengthy analytical reports for Thomson Reuters Eikonsubscribers. The analyst will have high attention to detail, possess excellentcommunication skills that will be reinforced by client facing interactions andengagement with the markets participants and regulating authorities. Theanalyst will be self-motivated, inquisitive, resourceful and independent, withthe ability to work with the remainder of the Power analyst team in Moscow andOslo.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze Russian power market and to provide daily market commentaries, regarding market and price development and price drivers
- Quantitative analysis of supply and demand and other fundamental price drivers
- Qualitative analysis of regulatory and policy developments in the Russian Power Market
- Write market briefs and longer analytical reports with minimum supervision
- Keep track of market developments, regulatory changes and trends, in addition to outages, new builds and turn the information into relevant analytics for subscribers
- Gather market data from primary sources
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's Degree with background in economics, public policy, finance or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel a must. Other numerical tools such as Matlab is an advantage.
- High attention to detail, self-motivated and independent – demonstrated success initiating new research ideas.
- Native Russian speaker and with a good command of English.
- Advanced degrees: MA/MS/MBA
- Must be eligible to work in the Russia and start immediately
- Location: Moscow, Russia
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top